About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also, a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
To provide advice and guidance on all regulatory requirements pertaining to the Wholesale Banking Compliance supporting, product lines such as derivatives, equities, bonds, transaction banking etc.
- Providing advice and guidance on all regulatory requirements pertaining to WBC business.
- Liaising with regulators as may be necessary to address issue arising from WBC business.
- Reviewing policies, guidelines and standard operating processes to ensure adherence to regulatory and internal requirements.
- Identifying and assessing gaps and risks in business unit’s policies and processes for compliance with requirements.
- Work with all stakeholders to address and formulate mitigating measures on risk areas, potential issues or gaps identified from the review and ongoing monitoring process.
- Periodic sampling and monitoring of business activities to gauge compliance and understanding by business of rules and regulations.
- Escalate product or process issues that pose compliance risk to Business Heads.
- Provide training to business units on compliance matters to promote and enhance awareness and individual responsibility for compliance matters.
You will have
- Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance and other banking related field.
- At least 8 - 12 years’ working experience in Banking and/or Wholesale Banking business with exposure in regulatory compliance.
- Proficient with relevant regulatory requirements, industry best practices and policies.
- Significant leadership experience and a strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators.
- Experience of creating, leading and motivating a team.
- Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and / or data and provide succinct summary for management.
- Experience of working within a matrixed environment preferred including reporting internationally.
- Ability to lead change and contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business group wide.