About our client
The client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
This role is for high profile management position accountable for all aspects of operations under the defined scope of the role. Building and maintaining a scalable E2E processes to support overall aspirations of the business. Role holder is responsible for entity and functional management of an average of 80+ staff & management of operational processes and control function to meet or exceed service level and regulatory requirements.
- Reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls.
- Implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer.
- Engage with the stakeholders to keeo abreast of changing regulatory/ product and client environment.
- Improve operational efficiency on year to year basis.
- Ensure service delivery quality and timeliness meet/exceed agreed threshold.
You will have
- Extensive working experience (indicative 10+ years) in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of clients and products across range of securities services.
- Stakeholder management with exposure to business partners across multiple geographical locations.
- People management with exposure to remuneration, performance management, team building and staff development.
- Risk and control management in an operations environment.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively in English, both oral and written.
- Strong collaborative management skills with the various stakeholders.