About our client
The Client is an exchange holding company offering the complete range of exchange-related services including trading, clearing, settlement and depository services.
About the role
The role will drive and define minimum standards, policies and methodologies, monitor compliance, and identify as well as report on organisation-wide risk exposures. You will drive in assessing their operational risks and review controls instituted periodically to ensure that the measures introduced continue to be relevant and appropriate.
- Cultivate risk culture within the Group.
- Coordinate with Group Ops Risk Relationship Manager and to a certain extend with the business or operation units to identify risks and facilitate assessment of performance and analysis of operational risk of the bank as per risk classification on operational risk event types; and the risk on operational readiness of "new product" together with the business or operation units with regard to the risk and control checkpoints.
- Review and validate the risk reports of the Operational Risk Management System against the operational risk profiles and control action plans, and ensure all incidental reporting information are captured correctly.
- Ensure integrity of the bank operating mechanism i.e. sufficient check and balances and detection of problems and to collaborate with the group internal audit department to ensure that controls introduced remain appropriate and sound (including the sufficiency of insurance coverage and outsourcing arrangement for transactional risk exit strategies).
- Implement operational risk initiatives, provide consultation and resolutions on risk issues to the Group.
You will have
- At minimum a degree holder.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the financial industry and required field.
- Recognized risk management professional certification (e.g. Certified Risk Professional, Financial Risk Manager, etc.) is an added advantage.
- Work experience in relevant area of operational risk management, enterprise risk management, IT risk, internal controls and banking operations.
- Good writing skills with ability to customize best practices to suit the Group’s strategies.
- Good understanding of banking business and the relevant compliance obligations.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to lead a team to achieve results.
- Experience in regulatory set-up with compliance background would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pro-active, display self-initiative, independent, adaptable and good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels of employees and external parties.
- Ability to objectively analyze information and exercise good judgment.