About the Client
The Client is a global leader in both the general and life insurance industries and have been ranked top global insurance brand. They provide products and services to both individuals and businesses, that meet their needs, including insurance, personal protection, savings and wealth management.
About the Role
The role ensures evaluation of risk management, control & governance processes for assessment to provide an independent assurance to management that there are adequate, effective and efficient control over key business processes and to assist management in identifying opportunities for improvement in business operations and systems of internal controls.
- Designing and preparing annual audit plan for the head office and branch operations.
- Monitoring performance to ensure that the plans are achieved.
- Planning, undertaking and reporting all audit reviews.
- Finalizing of audit is based on all observations discussed in the exit meeting.
- Ensuring complete documentation of files and that all documents have been obtained and requisite cross references have been made.
- Provide regular reports to the country management, BNM, Audit Committee and Regional head of audit.
- Carrying out special assignments as requested by the country management.
- Interacting periodically with BNM to apprise them of the control environment within the country operations.
- Organizing meetings of the audit committee.
- Assisting regional head of audit in undertaking assignments at other countries within the Asia pacific region.
- To ensure that the company’s internal processes and procedures comply with regulatory and statutory requirements.
You will have
- At minimum a degree holder in Accounting/Finance/Business/Risk or related.
- Possess professional qualification in AMII/ACII/DMII or equivalent insurance qualifications. Recognised accounting (Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Chartered Accountants (CA), Certified Management Accountants (CMA)) or auditing (Certified Internal Auditors (CIA), Certified Information System Auditors (CISA)) designation.
- At least with 8 years of experience in internal audits or 10 years plus professional experience, preferably in insurance or financial services industry/familiar with regulatory guidelines and Insurance Act related requirements.
- Have a good understanding of both the general and life insurance businesses.
- Have a keen understanding of how current trends in laws and regulations which impact the compliance framework and standards.
- Good writing skills with ability to customize best practices to suit the Group’s internal controls.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to lead a team to achieve results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pro-active, display self-initiative, independent, adaptable and good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels of employees and external parties.
- Ability to objectively analyze information and exercise good judgment.