About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
The role will drive and define minimum standards, policies and methodologies, monitor compliance, and identify as well as report on Bank-wide risk exposures Business Banking, specifically, SME segment. You will drive the business in assessing their operational risks and review controls instituted periodically to ensure that the measures introduced continue to be relevant and appropriate.
Seeking professionals that have both expertise knowledge in Operational Risk Management, Regulatory Control and Audit and subject matter expert in any of the line of business (LOB) mentioned: Business Banking, specifically, SME segment.
- Responsible in managing operational risk within Line of Business.
- Empowered by Senior Management Team to escalate to Group CEO, Group CRO when the need arises or required thus ensuring their effectiveness.
- Act as a single point of contact to escalate to Senior Management Team on operational risks matters/breaches/incidences.
- To validate existing process, initiate changes (if necessary), address the gap, and monitor execution of the action plan till closure for the following: operational risk profiles, breaches, key control testing, incidents, control deficiencies and operational gap.
- To review key control testing (KCT) undertaken by Line of Business are conducted correctly and timely, including validation on independence of the controls tested by OCC to validate effectiveness of identified controls.
- To validate Operational Risk monthly/quarterly report and submit to Group Operational Risk.
- To deliberate detailed operational risk issues/incidents to respective Line of Business, including secretarial role to ensure proper recording and minutes of meeting are maintained.
- To arrange periodic awareness and training to disseminate key operational risk and regulatory matters.
Regulatory Controls and Audit
- Disseminate to staff, information, policies, procedures pertaining to: matters related to / received from Operational Risk, Compliance & Audit; and matters pertaining to AML/CFT received from Compliance Officer.
- Assist the HOD in ensuring that staff are trained in relation to applicable rules and procedures in their respective specialized areas by enrolling them in training courses.
- Disseminate information and provide feedback, when required on policies/procedural matters concerning department/staff when received from Bank’s Compliance Officer.
- Identify impact of new regulations issued by regulators on specific Line of Business.
- Conduct gap analysis arising from the issuance of new regulations/guidelines/directives issued by the regulators.
- Ensure adherence to the Compliance Monitoring & Reporting System, from setting up procedures, monitor and reporting; validation; reviewing and updating in line with changes right up to the follow up on non-compliance issues.
- Timely submission of Compliance Reporting requirements.
- Regular reminders on Connected Party declarations.
- Conduct sampling checks on customer’s due diligence (CDD) and enhance due diligence (EDD); and ensure ongoing CDD is carried out on annual review.
- Single point liaison for audits, reviews, queries and reports for Banking Group on facilitation of resolution on audit findings; dissemination and escalation of audit findings; investigation on incidents and periodic updates to Senior Management, Committee, Board, External Auditors, Regulatory authorities.
You will have
- A recognised degree in Finance, Accounting and Business Administration or equivalent professional qualification.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in both governance in banking operations and a subject matter expert in at least two of the following line of business: Business Banking, specifically, SME segment.
- Solid knowledge of Wholesale Banking products and familiar with the trends within the industry.
- Strong communication skill, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Impact and influenced.