About the role
The Organisation is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
The role of the department includes providing senior management and, through the Risk/Audit Committees, the Board with independent and objective assurance of the governance/control over business and operational activities, risk management and support functions across all entities.
- Helps to establish the unit as a centre of excellence in Shariah internal control and monitoring as well as audit by adopting the minimum standard guidelines covering the governance and, roles and responsibilities, annual internal review planning and internal control checklists etc.;
- Ensures that a robust primary and secondary control environment is in place;
- Promote a culture of risk awareness within the Group’s entities in Malaysia;
- Maintain good relationship with all key parties/stakeholders;
- Enhance the competency of the unit by maintaining professional internal control staff, with knowledge, skills and experience;
- Keeping abreast of Shariah best practices and latest standards on audit and control;
- Maintain organisation’s internal control standards including the timely implementing of recommendations made by internal/external auditors;
- Implement and observe Group Compliance Policy and, maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it reoccurring.
You will have
- Preferably a recognized degree with 8-10 years of working experience in Shariah operations and/or audit experience would be ideal;
- Possess strong knowledge on Shariah banking regulations and operations, and internal control concepts;
- Strong planning and organizing skills with strong follow through abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal and lateral thinking skills;
- Strong in both written and verbal communication;
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism;
- Effective in handling conflict management at all levels;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in exercising broad discretion with minimal guidance and supervision
- Progressive and able to handle complex business operating environment in terms of changes in Shariah regulatory requirements, market trends and practices etc.