About our client
The Client is a foreign bank and is amongst the most successful banking groups in Malaysia, offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
Develop and execute the testing activities of Malaysia’s Regulatory Compliance Monitoring & Testing.
Impact on the Business
- Develop and execute the testing activities of Malaysia’s Regulatory Compliance Monitoring & Testing.
- Ensure local monitoring activities are in accordance with Global Procedural Standards and conducted as a second line of defense.
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance Monitoring & Testing activities provide adequate coverage of the Group’s key regulatory risks, liaising with Global Compliance teams.
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance Monitoring & Testing activities remain independent.
- Foster a close working relationship with key stakeholders in the region and in the country.
- Contribute to the preparation of Compliance Risk Assessments, drawing on the experience and knowledge of the Regulatory Compliance Business Compliance team and with the active participation of senior managers in the Business.
- Proactively assist management in identifying and containing compliance risk.
- Contribute to the preparation of the country Compliance Monitoring & Testing Annual Test Plan. Actively engage in discussion with businesses and local Regulatory Compliance and relevant business stakeholders and identify if any changes to the Compliance Monitoring & Testing plan is required.
- Contribute to the preparation of consolidated management information on the results of monitoring across the different sites for Senior Management in the Business and Compliance.
- Contribute to the provision of education and support to Compliance Monitoring & Testing specialists on risk assessments, planning and conducting reviews.
- Lead discussion with key stakeholders on issues identified and agree on action plans to be taken.
- Prepare reports to inform key stakeholders of the out
- Malaysia Regulatory Compliance – interaction. Work completed within the role may be presented up to stakeholders within Regulatory Compliance Senior Management.
- Country Global Functions Heads – interaction. Work completed within the role may be presented up to stakeholders within the Business.
- Internal Regulatory Compliance Monitoring & Testing – significant interaction within the team at all levels in the performance of the daily role.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Strong people management and provide coaching to more junior member(s) within Compliance Monitoring & Testing team.
- Drive excellence, consistency and quality across the entire Compliance Monitoring & Testing team.
- Demonstrate core behaviors and values including teamwork, focus, drive and determination.
- Foster a close working relationship with the local Regulatory Compliance & Financial Crime Compliance Monitoring & Testing teams and businesses.
- Work collaboratively across peer group and the organisation.
- Remain up to date with key business developments and regulatory and industry practices.
- Participate in the full Compliance Monitoring review cycle.
- Communicate effectively at all levels to engage with senior stakeholders within the functions.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Provide accurate and timely value adding input during all stages of the Compliance Monitoring & Testing review cycle including planning, fieldwork, reporting and follow up.
- Monitor changes to Global Standards and process to ensure that the Compliance Monitoring & Testing activities are adjusted appropriately.
- Assist with liaison with Group Audit, Operational Risk Internal Control and Business Risk Control Managers in relation to Compliance Monitoring matters.
You will have
- Minimum of 8 years proven relevant business, audit experience or equivalent.
- Strong risk assessment, control and testing skills and preferably audit related experience.
- Audit related certification preferred (such as CPA, CIA, or similar).
- Relevant experience of a range of business activities, product lines and regulatory topics.
- Proven organizational, planning, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and team work skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively and proven ability to meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to exercise discretion, work independently within broad guidelines, tactfully handle sensitive and confidential data and complete assignments on timely basis.
- Ability to work with and also to lead different cultural groups and build consensus.