About the Client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the Role
The role ensures assurance to Board and Senior Management on the Bank’s level of compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Assist in formulation of checklist for compliance review on business units.
- Develop the annual review plan.
- Adhere to annual review time plan.
- Conduct compliance reviews against regulatory requirements, industry practices, etc.
- Ensure the review report is submitted timely to Head, Compliance Assurance for further submission to Board and Management.
- Monitor the closure of findings raised during reviews.
- Perform surprise health checks as and when required to ensure continuous compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Other task as requested by Head, Compliance Assurance.
You will have
- At minimum a degree holder.
- At least with 6 years of experience in the financial industry and internal audits.
- Have a good understanding of the compliance function in financial services industry.
- Have a keen understanding of how current trends in laws and regulations which impact the compliance framework and standards.
- Good writing skills with ability to customize best practices to suit the Group’s compliance strategies.
- Good understanding of banking business and the relevant compliance obligations.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to lead a team to achieve results.
- Experience in regulatory set-up with compliance background would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pro-active, display self-initiative, independent, adaptable and good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels of employees and external parties.
- Ability to objectively analyze information and exercise good judgment.