About our client
Our Client provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world.
About the role
The Sr. Business Analyst will work closely with business partners, business teams and 3rd party partners to enable the delivery of process, data, and technology solutions.
The Sr. BA is an advanced professional in systems & process design who will develop and provide quality and solid system designs and solutions to solve various business requirements. This position will be able to expertly manage medium to high rigor projects or work streams within the projects, through the entire project lifecycle.
This position requires both broad and deep knowledge of the solution(s) and business processes for their assigned Businesses and the ability to design solutions by mapping customer business problems to reusable end-to-end business application solutions. The Sr. BA will engage in senior level business decision discussions related to agility, business value, and business processes. The Sr. BA has a passion for the business which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the business experience.
This position requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both proactive project and expectation management.
40% Analysis & Requirements Gathering
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Elicit functional and non-functional (performance, availability, security, accessibility, cross-browser compliance) requirements using a methodology most appropriate for the context of each project, such as Joint Requirements Planning (JRP), Joint Application Development (JAD).
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user/stakeholder requests from underlying “value add” needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Screen and Interface Designs.
- Communicate and clarify the requirements to the design and development resources. Assist in translating business requirements into functional design specifications.
- Clarify, update, and improve the business processes impacted by the technology changes that are part of assigned projects.
- Evaluate system changes for downstream system and/or organizational impacts .
- Plan for acceptance of solution (change management, communication, training needs).
- Provide subject matter expertise in multiple business process areas.
35% Solution Design
- Create solution designs across process, data, and technology that meet business requirements and adhere to relevant standards and principles, leverage common tools and processes, and meet cost/delivery objectives.
- Consider the design, the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Perform reviews with key stakeholders throughout the design lifecycle to ensure alignment on solution designs and requirements. This may include but is not limited to the following activities: design reviews, testing execution, deployment verifications, customer satisfaction reviews, etc.
- Create supporting solution design documentation to ensure sustainment of the solution and business capability, support solution implementation as necessary.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business, technology teams and support teams.
- Guide solution options and business partner decision making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target architecture.
- Identify opportunities for creating reusable enterprise solutions.
15% Business Partnership
- Work with businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Create and maintain long-term working relationships with technology teams, functional counterparts, vendors and business partners.
- Engage and influence business sponsors and users and contribute to their targeted business outcomes.
- Effectively engages stakeholders in change management activities.
- Identify opportunities for creating reusable enterprise solutions.
10% Project Delivery Responsibilities
- Manage workload and priorities to deliver agreed upon project milestones.
- Provides input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skills.
- Ensure traceability from business requirements through application testing and work with offshore development and QA teams clarifying requirements.
- Lead and mentor less experienced staff.
- Holds project team resources accountable to their deliverables and ensures project execution.
- Prepare high and detailed level estimations of effort in order to achieve a preferred solution.
- Provide guidance and architectural oversight during requirements, design, build, and test phases.
You will have
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; OR equivalent experience.
- 8 years’ experience in diverse operational, development and/or business roles.
- 5 years of intermediate to advanced general business analysis experience, across various businesses and project types (including custom software development, COTS and SAAS implementation, O&M support).
- 5 years of intermediate to advanced experience in Use Case diagramming, Business Process Modeling (BPM) and User Stories development.
- Experience collaborating with regional and global project teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals.
- Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology.
- Experience with business case development.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical and business information effectively to both technical and non-technical people.
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.