About our client
Well-known around the world as one of the largest educational institution and continuous with plan in M&A.
About the role
Being a finance organization of the group, the Internal Audit Department (IAD) is both a destination and a passport for your career where you get a great opportunity travel to different countries. IAD serves virtually all areas of company group and affiliates. IAD group includes both the operations and technology audit functions and is led by the VP of Internal Audit. The team is capable, professional, assertive, communicates effectively and enjoys an environment where team members are called upon to:
- Operate effectively and flexibly spanning different technologies, systems, business models, priorities and processes
- Deliver constructive analysis, identify flaws and explain impact
- Get the facts, be confident in them, and communicate concisely and with conviction
- Enter into already high performing, high quality environments and determine if enhancements/corrections are needed
- Take the unexplained, understand it and explain it
- Learn something and teach it to others
Just read through the below and get in touch with us for your life changing new career!
- Lead a team of auditors to execute audit projects in conformance with professional and department standards, budgets and deadlines.
- Execute, under the direct supervision of the Director/Manager/Audit Supervisor, multiple simultaneous audit projects of all sizes and complexity across multiple business areas within and outside of local region, in unfamiliar areas, and for different audit leaders
- Execute integrated audits that consider financial, operational, compliance, and technology risks.
- Plan audit projects; make project-level judgments around objectives and scope; adapt quickly to unstructured assignments by clarifying objectives and delivering results.
- Evaluate control designs; develop and execute audit tests.
- Evaluate results, synthesize audit findings across the project and draft audit reports.
- Present audit objectives, scope, and results to senior members of management, clearly articulating the potential impact of control gaps in a highly professional competent manner.
- Utilize automated work papers and other department and company tools in a proficient manner.
- Follow-up with management to ensure management action plans are closed effectively and timely.
- Effectively teach, coach, and develop team members in all aspects of the audit methodology.
- Maintain internal audit competency through ongoing professional development.
You will have
- 4 or more years of experience in public accounting, finance, internal audit, or related field required.
- US GAAP and Shared Service Center audit experience a plus.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent degree required.
- Professional certification (CIA, CPA, CISA, or equivalent) preferred.
- Proven ability to lead projects and develop teamwork.
- Demonstrated track record of integrity, effective communication, innovation, and excellence.
- Knowledge and appreciation of regulatory and accounting requirements, best practices relevant to the business, control theory and professional auditing practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver high quality, actionable feedback to client management on control issues and potential solutions to close gaps.
- Ability to communicate in English, Chinese and Malay.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Willing to travel up to 50% (or more) globally.