About our client
Our client is well-known US based MNC.
About the role
We are looking for technical sound accounting professional to manage a team of 10 and report to the head of department. This position involved 60% of day to day operation deliveries like monthly quarterly reporting with shared service team. You will ensure correct processes, improve controls and process improvements.
- To increase the effectiveness and efficiency of retained accounting activities through alignment of processes, deployment and stabilization of system implementation, and collaboration with teams spanning across product groups across functions, and across enterprises.
- In charge of driving efficient, well controlled financial services to and on behalf of the businesses. This position will support the transformation, leadership and performance of key accounting activities for Malaysia to support cross enterprise activities.
- Responsible to support and to determine how RTR, OTSC, PRTP & other related processes will be executed in the retained organization according to the framework that will be the basis to provide E2E view.
- Processes will be implemented to ensure compliance with Local and US GAAP, providing reliable financial reporting & compliance with laws, regulations and corporate policies.
- Communicate with other functions e.g. Tax, Treasury and CBS Finance if necessary.
- Accountable to certify that assigned accounts reflect the accuracy & entirety of the business transactions, and that assigned balance sheet and P&L are duly reconciled and certified by external auditors.
- Partly responsible for completing the statutory audit and other financial statutory compliances for Malaysia businesses working closely with other superiors.
- Work closely with Head of Department and other Managers to ensure the financial control framework for assigned area.
- This position plays a critical role to ensure the effectiveness of controls and financial compliance for assigned areas.
You will have
- Strong accounting reporting skillset with taxation and/or auditing background.
- Combination experience from big 4’s auditing firms and commercial business operations. Exp worked with businesses and SSC both will be an advantage.
- Experience work in manufacturing and feedmill industry will be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent Degree in Finance or Accounting. Preferably a professional accountant.
- Minimum 10 years of accounting or finance experience, preferably with at least 2 years’ experience of controls/compliance experience.
- Strong accounting experience with very good technical knowledge in US and Local GAAP.
- Strong understanding of CFR reporting and compliances.
- Deep understanding of Malaysia Tax and basic understanding of US Sub Part F Tax.
- Demonstrated change agility and ability to navigate team through ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build trust across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Proven accounting/ finance leader with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to partner and engage with centers of expertise (like Tax, CFR, Audit, HR, IT).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and use technology to improve process and control.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity.