About the client
The Client is a leading global bank providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Also, a market leader locally, in the credits cards business, receivables and wealth management business respectively, the organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
To assist the Country AMLCO and Chief Country Compliance Officer (CCCO) in complying with the in complying with applicable sanctions laws, regulations and internal policies, working with regional Compliance and country colleagues
To be one of AML Sanctions Compliance contacts for stakeholders and responsible for identifying and escalating any key or emerging risks to the senior management with regards to AML or Sanctions
Assist with audit and exam management and assists with escalation and negotiation of potential issues or findings related to AML/Sanctions.
- Oversee and coordinate Sanctions, compliance requirement and information updates/expert advice and feedback to the business.
- Enforces the Global Sanctions Policy and associated procedures for Malaysia.
- Provides sanctions compliance advice, including with respect to potential issues, SDN matches, products/services, as well as sanctions risk with respect to transactions and customers/relationships.
- Assists in the review and documentation of policies and guidance to address changes in regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Coordinates and oversees Sanctions Compliance escalations from the Malaysia businesses/hubs.
- Coordinates investigations and information/document gathering efforts for sanctions-related investigations.
- Works with Regional & Global Compliance teams in connection with investigation-related and other communications with local sanctions authorities and OFAC, as appropriate.
- Reviews and escalates significant sanctions issues and activities to senior business and Compliance staff in the region, as well as GSC seniors.
- Advises on new products and services for sanctions risk, in coordination with the respective regional product and operations teams.
- Understands and monitors legal and regulatory developments through various methods to provide up-to-date knowledge and expertise on the environment relevant to sanctions compliance.
- Liaises with local regulators and Internal Audit/Compliance Testing staff for sanctions matters, as appropriate.
- Develops and conducts sanctions training in coordination with sanctions corporate training.
Governance & Exam Management
- Prepare Governance Decks for AML & Sanctions Governance & Business Risk Committee, Board of Directors Update and other governance meetings.
- Perform review on name screening escalation to Compliance, and provide advisory to business related to this process.
- Quarterly Screening List Management attestations.
- Exam Management for any Internal or External audits to ensure all the deliverables are provided to the respective reviewers.
- Leading any other technology initiatives impacting AML. Transaction Monitoring projects, attending to IMR’s impacting the country, participating in optimization, segmentation and other monitoring related initiatives.
- Provide guidance and coaching to new and junior staff.
- Implement and/or provide oversight of Manager’s Control Assessment at country level.
- Lead ad-hoc projects and provide appropriate guidance to members of the project teams.
- Responsible for communicating with senior managers, members of the Business and other AML monitoring units to ensure findings are incorporated in all aspects of the AML control program.
- Conduct QA reviews of case files, case tracking logs and various AML processes.
- This position serves as the liaison between the business and Internal Audit and regulatory agencies and performs special projects, compile data, and prepare/present reports to senior management and other personnel.
You will have
- At least a tertiary degree holder.
- Minimum of 10 years’ overall in Banking or control-related functions in the financial service industry with at least 5 years’ experience in Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Compliance.
- Strong understanding of AML/Sanctions risks and typologies and be able to assist the consumer and institutional clients business to identify any areas of weakness and design strategies to address those risks.
- Knowledge of products, such as Wealth management, mortgage, cards, consumer loans, corporate banking, markets and securities services, treasury and trade services, correspondent banking etc would be a strong advantage.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface and partner with businesses and Operations within the local entity and APAC.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and organizational skills.
- The ability to work effectively, under pressure, in a rapidly changing environment, as well as autonomously and as an effective member of a dynamic team.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, particularly in the context of delivering clear and concise recommendations and feedback.
- Strong analytic skills and a good understanding of conducting funds tracing and transaction analysis using Excel.
- Excellent research skills including experience with online research tools and databases.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.