About our client
Our client is US based Fortune 500 with more than RM 1,000mils in revenue of SEA markets.
About the role
We are looking for a leader who has regional/international taxation experience with capacity working under matrix organization and has people management skills. This person will coordinate with HQ in US and act as a Tax Consultant for SEA regions. A highly analytical function managed with multi-discipline responsibility including indirect responsibility of work coming through affiliate finance staff. A Tax Manager to manage tax accounting, tax planning & advisory and tax compliance.
- Corporate tax position reporting directly to Director of International Tax. Position will be based in Malaysia with travel required throughout the region.
- Execute tax planning strategies and defense of tax positions in accordance with Enterprise principles and standards
- Tax research and legal analysis on complex tax issues
- Monitor regional tax legislation and ensure compliance while identifying planning opportunities
- Tax Audit support for the region
- Exert controllership over income and non-income taxes for all Asia Pac affiliates
- Oversight over tax accounting process - FAS 109 and tax reserves and other tax reporting for financials for the region
- Management of intra-regional service billings in accordance with Corporate policies and standards
- Provide tax consulting including analysis and recommendations regarding tax consequences of business decisions to our business partners
- Assist with tax aspects of repatriation, and other financial matters including loans, recapitalizations, etc.
- Train, mentor and develop tax staff within the region with 3 (TBD) direct reports.
You will have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree. A Chartered Accountant would be preferred
- 10-15 years finance and accounting working experience mainly in taxation
- Experience in Regional tax accounting, tax planning & advisory and tax compliance
Knowledge & Experience
- Tax Knowledge: Demonstrated knowledge & experience with tax analysis for area of responsibility. In particular expertise in SEA taxation.
- Research & Analysis: Demonstrated ability to research, analyze and draw conclusions from tax-related laws, regulations and court cases.
- Interpret Data: Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial material.
- Communicate clearly and effectively. Excellent Communication and Project Management skills is required.
- Communicate Financial Information: Effectively communicating and presenting complex financial data (both verbally and written) to influence all levels and global audiences; helps others understand financial data and translate it into actionable business insights.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to think strategically and understand the broader view. Demonstrates an understanding of the long-term, "big picture" view of needs and opportunities.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently and timely