About our client
Our client helps transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of their capabilities and client engagements and the way they collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
In the world of strategy today, it is about the future, and in the future, technology is the disruptor. Digital technology is changing competitive landscapes and creating new opportunities for almost every organization. This situation plays directly to our client's strengths; operating at the intersection of business and technology. Our client has created what they believe is the strategy firm of the future. It’s a very exciting place to be!
Their team of strategists combine deep business insight and tremendous technology understanding within the context of their client’s industry. There is no one player who can bring all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration that our client can. This is what their clients’ current challenges and opportunities demand of them and it is what makes them different to any other strategy firm in the market.
About the role
The Operations Strategy team focuses on collaborating with Chief Supply Chain Officers, Chief Procurement Officers and Chief Operating Officers to devise business strategies that create innovative and high performance operations that more effectively meet customer expectations and deliver sustained business outcomes. The value our client delivers comes from their ability to align underlying process and operating models to support business strategies, link the supply chain to the end-to-end value chain, and create flexible operations that enable rapid response to changing customer demands and market opportunities.
Their Operations Strategy consultants develop solutions and related business cases focused on targeting and delivering value and drive value-led transformations for clients. As an Operations Strategy Consultant, you will work within the areas of Supply Chain Strategy, Operations Transformation, Innovation & Product Development, Sourcing & Procurement as well as Manufacturing, addressing both strategic and operational issues.
- Address both strategic and operational issues.
- Drive diagnosis and value assessment in order to identify value creation opportunities for clients.
- Guide teams through issue identification and work plan development using problem solving principles and past experience.
- Work seamlessly with the team and their clients' own resources to ensure that the recommendations are implemented.
- Establish and develop long term client relationships based on trust and delivery of sustainable results.
- Contribute to the Operations Strategy practice with thought leadership and team capability development.
You will have
- Bachelor Degree essential. MBA an advantage.
- Hands on (Operative supply chain knowledge and experience) in:
- The area of supply chain planning, regional logistics, spare parts management etc.
- Managing or establishing Supply Chain visibility especially with control towers.
- Developing sourcing strategies for direct materials/ services procurement for few categories with the ability to identify value potential within categories.
- Led initiative for cost improvements by leveraging advanced sourcing and procurement strategies.
- Running modern and conventional sourcing exercises. including providing strategic sourcing consulting to clients, developing spend cubes, creating RFx documentations, developing e-sourcing and drive negotiation outcomes.
- Transportation planning, trade management is a plus.
- Procurement risk management is a plus.
- Strong experience in digital enablers to supply chain excellence, including keen sense of knowledge of IoT and implications/ applications on supply chains.
- Working experience of leading Supply Chain/e-procurement technology such as:
- Kinaxis, GT Nexus, INTTRA
- Ariba, Emptoris, SAP SRM, Coupa, Basware, Evalua etc.