About our client
Our Client is American multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturer.
About the role
Manager, Dev Deployment and Automation Support is responsible for deployment and support of on premise cloud automation capabilities. This individual will have in-depth knowledge and experience in architecting, building and managing VMware vRealize automation stack. The individual will also be responsible for developing automation scripts/workflow and supporting automation stack, scripts and workflows. The individual is also responsible for developing and managing configuration management tools to manage the configuration of automation stack. This individual will also be responsible for automated code deployment across PODs using tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Chef and Jenkins.
- Engaging with Global Operations to ensure operational observations are captured and included in design & build.
- Provide 12 X 7 on call support for automation stack. Own troubleshooting of automation failures and engage VMWare support and internal developers to resolve automation issues.
- Ensure stability of vRealize automation suite.
- Deploying and managing the SDDC software stack globally and responsible for maintaining POD availability, capacity and performance standards.
- Develop and manage configuration management tools to manage configuration for OPCx automation stack as well as enable automation for POD deployment.
- Deploy vRealize automation and Chef code.
- Contribute in an Agile/Scrum development team.
- Create, groom, develop and review stories in a continuous delivery model – Using tools like JIRA.
- Create technical designs and architectures to use technology to deliver high-level requirements.
- Contribute and review code repositories using source control (GIT/Bit Bucket).
- Develop and support Software Configuration Management (SCM) solutions using Chef.
- Create, review and approve documentation supporting an SDLC process.
- Create develop, document and execute test cases in quality environments.
- Support release management activities for new code deployments into quality and production environments.
- Follow an ITIL framework to maintain a compliant and qualified environment.
Minimum Required Qualifications & Skills
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 7+ years of experience with datacenter technologies and operations is required.
- 3+ years of experience with VMware virtualization, VMWare vRealize suite: vRealize.
- Automation/Orchestration, (vRA, vRO, vRB) or comparable cloud platform.
- Experience in working in a DevOps or Scrum methodology is required.
- Independent judgment and technical problem solving, decision-making strength is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are preferred
- Self-starter with strong teamwork abilities and customer service skills is preferred.
- Prior experience in supporting global operations preferred and following enterprise level process frameworks required.
- Experience with Chef is highly preferred.