About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also, a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
Heading compliance for the Islamic arm of the Banking Group.
- Ensure compliance with Bank Negara Malaysia’s Shariah Governance Framework, Shariah Advisory Council’s (BNM SAC) resolutions, Shariah Standards and other relevant regulatory guidelines for Islamic banking.
- Provide advisory and support for the Islamic banking business to ensure adherence and compliance with the relevant regulatory guidelines/policies and shariah principles/standards.
- Provide feedback on key areas in the execution of the onsite compliance review covering Islamic banking product and processes to ensure compliance with regulatory & internal policies, processes & controls.
- Manage the offsite compliance monitoring, including via staff self-declaration under Compliance Monitoring & Reporting (CMR) system.
- Report and monitor non-compliances arising from onsite and offsite review, and report progress to Management, Shariah Oversight Commitee & Board.
- Oversight over organisation’s Islamic outsourced processes under the organisation’s Master Service Agency Agreement (“MSAA”) and Service Level Agreement (“SLAs”) on compliance matters.
- Promote and cultivate a compliance culture in the Bank.
- Act as a coordinator on legal matters and audit matters with Group Legal and Group Audit respectively.
- Act as a central liaison in managing organisation’s Islamic CRR matters.
- To assist in implementation of enhanced first line of defence across organisation’s Islamic entity. This includes providing guidance, and advising on compliance policies matters to compliance risk team embedded within business and other operating units, and across the business units supporting the Islamic banking products.
- To undertake specific compliance related project from time to time as required.
You will have:
- At least 15 years’ experience in compliance role in banking industry in senior management role.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience in compliance implementation.
- Strong communication & engagement skill with staff, senior management, Board and regulators
- Strong analytical skill with ability to view and assess issues laterally across department and legal entities
- Strong report writing skill with ability to summarize mass data into concise, relevant and critical issues for deliberation of senior management & Board.
- Malaysian Citizenship – Banking Sector & Regulatory limitation in Malaysia.
- Returning Malaysians are encouraged to apply.