About our client
The client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
This role is to lead the management of the Cross Products Services departments (Reconciliations, Cash & Liquidity Management, Invoice Matching and Audit) & to fulfil the role of Global Head of Reconciliations driving global strategy for the function on behalf of Operations.
- To ensure the Global Markets business is supported in a controlled manner through delivery of the Cash & Liquidity Management, Invoice Matching & Audit, Control, and Reconciliation.
- Maintain and develop key stakeholder relationships with the broader Markets Operations.
- Develop the CPS management and leadership capabilities locally & internationally, focusing on succession planning to ensure current and future operational requirements are met. Working in partnership with HR to develop and maintain a high performance culture.
- Lead diverse cross-product teams across site & accountable to implement strategic change agenda.
- To abide by the Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant Compliance Department.
- Managing post-trade activity across multiple balance sheets servicing.
You will have
- Ability to lead working groups and project teams & manage multiple teams of staff.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively to staff demonstrating personal vision and strategy & maintain cooperation and communication across Operations peers.
- Ability to identify areas of control, process and cost weakness & to anticipate and prevent risks in business processes.
- Ideally 10 years tenure within an Investment Banking Operations environment, exposure to reconciliations and cash management functions and leading technology an advantage but not essential.
- Strong leadership skills evidenced by achievement of objectives together with a track record of development of individuals.
- Proven experience of successfully managing and developing a team as well as of building and maintaining strong relations with the Business Units.
- Excellent English, written and spoken; hard-working; organized; diligent; and above all, a team player.
- Ability to manage good relationship across multiple business lines.