About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also, a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
- To provide assurance to Board and Senior Management on the Group’s compliance status and risk levels.
- Provide advisory support to Business on compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- To develop forward-looking compliance framework and standards to meet compliance obligations.
- Develop and implement regulatory compliance initiatives with business and functional groups which is consistent with the Group’s compliance programs.
- Provide advice to business and functional groups to emplace policies and procedures that identify, mitigate, monitor and measure regulatory compliance risk.
- Develop and maintain the compliance framework and policies to meet compliance obligations and Group strategies.
- Analyse current compliance environment and determine new compliance risks.
- Develop various matrices to identify Compliance Hot Spots and Risk Profiling for RHB Group functions, products, services / channels and processes.
- Perform research on new developments and keep the Compliance Management and staff apprised for future challenges & opportunities.
- To oversee the implementation of FATCA & CRS requirements in the Group and its reporting requirements.
- Provide leadership to enable staff to be achieve full potential.
- Identify key talents and ensure development of staff.
- Plan training requirements to upgrade staff skill and knowledge.
You will have:
- At least a tertiary degree holder.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in financial industry with at least 5 years’ experience in Risk, Audit or Compliance field.
- At least 5 years working experience at a managing role.
- Well versed with BNM and other regulatory requirements.
- Familiar with banking systems, functions and operations.
- Familiar with project management.
- Good time management skills and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Objective and neutral.