About our client
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. They are looking for a mandarin-speaking General Accounting Analyst to review and validate various company accounting activities.
About the role
Assist the shared service centre in preparing and reviewing judgmental accounting journal entries, monthly closings, account reconciliation analysis, intercompany and other required activities.
- Prepare and Manage Monthly Trial Balance Package for Assigned Affiliates
- Work with local affiliate Finance organization to understand affiliate activities, prepare trial balance package including standard metrics, investigate trial balance account fluctuations to understand and document drivers for review by SSC management and affiliate controller sign-off.
- Conduct trial balance review call with local controllers.
- Ensure adherence to strict month end and year end deadlines.
- Accounting Quality Reviews (e.g. sample audits)
- Perform quality reviews, root cause analysis and suggest process improvements to resolve issues.
- Facilitate a structured review of key processes for shared learning and continuous improvement.
- Build strong working relationships with controllers and accountants for assigned affiliates and with other SSC functions.
- Prepare/Approve Account Reconciliations
- Identify appropriate reconciliation methodology and supporting documentation based on the type of accounts being reconciled.
- Work with others to gather appropriate reconciliation supporting documentation.
- Identify when reconciliation repository tool needs master data maintained, utilize reconciliation repository tool to document account reconciliations and route for approval.
- Escalation of issues and any unresolved aged items.
- Review/approve reconciliation prepared by BPO.
- Research and resolve reconciliation or intercompany balance issues
- Journal Voucher Processing
- Review and assess if parked journal voucher accounting entry is appropriate with clear business rationale, adequate supporting documentation to support the purpose of journal voucher and source of information is clearly defined.
- In the event of rejection, clearly communicate reason for rejecting JV request to requestor.
- Identify and prepare journal vouchers when needed.
- Deliver Robust Sox and Operational Controls and Compliance
- Understand key control processes and ensure compliance of SOX Control.
- Ensure all GA SOx and Operational Key controls are performed timely.
- Escalate issues to management.
You will have
- 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience with GA exposure in a shared service centre.
- Experience and understanding of judgmental accounting transactions such as deferrals, revaluations, tax, etc. and able to apply this knowledge in the preparation and/or review of judgmental accounting journal entries, monthly closings, account reconciliation analysis, intercompany and other required activities.
- Ability to apply accounting theories in reviewing Affiliate accounting activities for compliance with US GAAP/IFRS, Lilly policies, SOx and other requirements.
- Experience with SAP is a distinct advantage.
- Process improvement and/or Six Sigma experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to develop good relationships with various levels of personnel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Independent forward thinker on process improvement.