About our Client
The Client is a global commercial bank offering a wide range of banking and financial services including retail banking, institutional banking and investment products and services.
This role overlooks financial control and compliance for financial functions for the Bank’s business lines.
- Responsible for all aspects of the control and compliance function and projects of the financial control department
- Drafting the review plans over the Finance functions and conducting reviews of Finance processes and other key control areas
- Drive process improvements on all areas within Finance covering but not limited to reporting of financials, cards rewards, FAS91 process, etc.
- Serve as an SME on accounting policy related queries from the business and provide advisory services regarding accounting related queries
- Preparation of quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley 404 updates, i.e. Statement of Accountability, etc.
- Self-assessment testing including drafting and review of new audit programs
- Oversee monthly proofing of Finance accounts inclusive of account owner and benchmark reviews
- Assist the Balance Sheet Control Group on account owner and proof owner assignment
- Providing comments to the accounting bodies on exposure drafts, new guidelines, etc. and review new/revised Financial Reporting Standards vs. internal group policies, as required
- Liaise with regional and internal auditors on audit matters
- Compile the quarterly Business Monitoring required by Audit Risk and Review; manage the Local Reg Reporting project for Finance inclusive of inventory and validation of reports.
You will have
- 3-6 years of work experience as a finance professional in either a bank, financial institution or accountancy firm with direct responsibility for reporting or audit work of financial institutions
- Proven track record in Accountancy/Regulations Compliance
- Proven track record in partnering with business counterparts in achieving business and financial objectives
- Proven ability to deliver goals and objectives in tight timelines
- Able to demonstrate integrity and professionalism
- Proven track record in challenging the status quo
- CPA qualification is a plus
- Strong professional references
Young professional able to work across teams and departments
Confident person with ability to clearly articulate concepts and policies