About our client
A leading technology consulting firm with a global presence of over 200 offices worldwide with the focus on taking organizations onto the forefront of the digital era. Their consultative approach benefits clients through providing holistic, innovative technological solutions that propels business readiness into tomorrow’s digital age.
About the role
We are looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to provide IT technical assistance to end-users regionally. You will be tasked to install, upgrade and troubleshoot on system and software issues experienced by end-users across the business.
- Address user tickets regarding, system, software and networking issues.
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems.
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions.
- Conduct remote troubleshooting.
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue.
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs.
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs.
- Follow up with users to ensure their systems are functional.
You will have
- 3+ year's of computer service experience using Win7 and VDI.
- 3+ year's of direct customer contact face to face I.T. desktop support, preferably in a large organization.
- Strong research and problem solving abilities to fix unknown issues.
- Current knowledge of PC, Mac and mobile devices (iPhone/iPad, Blackberry etc.), hardware/software and general technology trends along with drivers issue.
- Working knowledge of Active directory and blackberry management along with Citrix & VDI tools (Appsense & Systrack vrops).
- Troubleshooting WIFI, printing, network issues, Shared Folders / Mailboxes quickly.
- MS Office 2010 application suite (MS Project, PowerPoint, Access, Excel 64 bit, Word, OneNote, Outlook).
- Lync 2010 & 2013 login and profile issues, Skype Business.
- Various remote access solutions (i.e. Blackberry Console, Good Console, VPN, Citrix Director).
- Root cause analysis, attend weekly global call with engineering, problem management. Liaise with product owner or engineering.
- BCP management, maintenance and support (i.e. Isolation testing, Periodic readiness check).