About our client
The Client is a foreign bank and is amongst the most successful banking groups in Malaysia, offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
The role ensures assurance to Board and Senior Management on the Bank’s level of compliance to regulatory requirements.
- To assess the level of compliance with internal and external regulations and also to form judgments on materiality and significance and advice competently on significant regulatory issues identified via reviews;
- To keep updated on regulatory and other requirements, and to balance the requirements with the business demands in the midst of an increasingly competitive industry;
- To anticipate and identify new issues which may arise, so as to advise Senior Management in a timely and relevant fashion with appropriate and workable recommendations; and
- To develop practical, effective and innovative solutions and implement them quickly, and must be decisive in discharging their accountabilities based on sound reasoning, possibly in the face of opposition or conflict.
You will have
- At least 5 years experience within a Compliance function in a large/international regulated financial services provider in addition to other working experience.
- At least 5 years experience within an Audit/Internal Control function.
- Self-starter, independent with good organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with senior management, Group and regional. Compliance functions, Group executives, and help the implement change initiatives in the function.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Strong ability to prioritise and strategise/plan.
- Lateral thinking and problem solving/analytical capabilities.