About our client
The client is manufacturing company with multi-industrial businesses the likes of energy management, oil & gas, power & water.
About the role
Seeking a strong leader with excellent interpersonal skills for managing internal and external stakeholder management.
As Business Controller, your principal scope will be as business partner to drive key value drivers of the business:
- Implement and execute the strategic and operational finance policies, plans and actions in close co-operation with the Business Heads;
- Provide Division Opex with analytics:
- Assess the capability of new project development in the market to support Investment and Capex requirements
- Evaluate cost of options and provide comparatives to substantiate assumptions;
- Conduct reviews of significant projects to ensure continuous alignment of the strategic investement goals;
- Define key value drivers via LEAN, create and initiate a rhythm of operations for review and continuous monitoring for measuring LEAN improvements.
- Provide Commercial business heads with analytics:
- In collaboration with analysts strengthen the framework for contracts review;
- Provide support to augment and validate Commercial analysis;
- Initiate and implement process improvements within the contractual framework to ensure terms and rates stay relevant in light of the operations.
- Provide analyses linking commercial and opex insights to the overall forecasts.
- Based on metrics and tracking results, identify actions for providing advice and guidance to the business for purposes of creating and initiating action plans to improve EBITDA.
- Ensure the alignment of performance with strategy and plans by consistent analysis and review of financials, investment proposals and assumptions in light of current performance of all operating companies in the region.As and when required, contribute specific and general expertise to business development project teams during the identification, selection and definition stages (constructing business cases, challenging assumptions, scenario analyses, detailing finance structures, performing due diligence, and monitoring progress).
Within the review framework:
- Review and revisit business case assumptions, prepare bridge analyses;
- Use post implementation data for planning actions and improvements;
- Provide support to Finance leads in preparing investment proposals;
- Ensure the reality of business operations and performance by rigorous and ongoing testing of investment viability;
- Implement a database of market and economic information for regular competitive analyses (benchmark operations metrics).
- Provide technical advice and training in the region, where needed.
You will have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree- Finance or Accounting and CFA or CPA qualification
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- An energetic self-starter with excellent inter-personal skills who can communicate across all levels in the organization.Able to plan, organize, set priorities and deliverables.
- LEAN or Six Sigma qualification advantageous.