About the Client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
- Manage and oversee a team of AML Investigators responsible for conducting investigations on accounts/transactions for purpose of identification and where necessary escalating suspicious activities in accordance with the AML Investigations Procedural Standards.
- Perform quality control reviews of completed transaction monitoring Level 2 cases and AML Level 3 investigations and where necessary referring such reports to the MLRO with a recommendation to file a SAR in accordance with AML the AML Investigation Procedural Standards.
- Provide effective leadership, management and development of a team of AML Investigators.
- Responsible for overseeing the effective and compliant implementation and sustainable day to day execution of:
- Unusual/suspicious activity identification and investigation, including coordination and assignment of cases;
- Unusual/suspicious activity reporting in accordance with agreed reporting requirements and SLA;
- Management and oversight of case escalation to/from local FIU, CSEM, FCI, Investigations Exchange, ABC and Global Sanctions, etc.;
- Liaison with appropriate stakeholders, including FCC Operations, CSEM, FIU and FCI.
- Perform quality control reviews of completed transaction monitoring Level 2 cases and AML Level 3 investigations in accordance with AML Quality Control process to ensure they are of appropriate standards
- Analysis of data and accurate and timely production of Management Information to ensure:
- KPI’s and KRI’s are accurately recorded and used to effectively measure and manage individual and team performance;
- Identify ML risk issues and trends and carry out/track mitigation actions until risks are fully mitigated;
- Escalate issues to management, where appropriate, to the MLRO and/or Regional Head of AML Investigations.
- Undertake local ad hoc projects, reviews and monitoring as requested by the Head of AML Investigations.
You will have
- Experience working in Financial Crime Compliance\Anti Money Laundering or equivalent environment/s, including transaction monitoring, customer screening, SAR/STR filing.
- Some knowledge of CDD and client reviews, including relationship reviews on a periodic or trigger basis.
- Experience in undertaking investigations/analysis into customer activity with the ability to draw inferences from the information.
- Experience in analyzing data for identification of trends and risk issues.
- Experience in managing a successful team in a pressured, turn-around time driven, environment.
- Experience in compilation of reports and/or SARs reporting experience.
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of sharing information effectively, in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Consistently achieved objectives set for them and taken action to improve their own performance.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Worked collaboratively with other colleagues, supporting them when possible.
- Experience of personally complying with business processes, rules and regulations.
- Previous law enforcement, legal, forensic accountancy or regulatory experience an advantage.
- Previous FCC experience within a universal service bank preferred.
- ICA ML or ACAMS qualification an advantage.