About our client
Consumer Products company with a strong APAC presence.
About the role
Our client is looking for a financial controller with matrix reporting into the company’s CEO, COO and CFO based in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore respectively.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, training and supervision of direct reports (3), identify skill gaps as well as training requirements
Budget Process & Controls
- Participation in planning, budgeting / forecasting process of expenses for all aspects.
- Participation in Strategic Plan revenue reviews with local business heads and HQ
- Develop, implement and maintain effective accounting systems, financial procedures / policies and internal control mechanism including local capex and expenses control
- Ensure compliance of these internal controls
Daily / monthly / quarterly
- Oversee the smooth and efficient running of the Finance Division, in the area of transaction processing
- Assist in monitoring, analysing and assessing performance against plans for general expenses
- Review and reconcile P&L received from HQ with expectations of local Business Heads
- Provide advice to the business / HR with regards to financial matters / technical billings / treaty implications etc
- Provide information for GAP analysis in order to achieve seamless automatic interface between finance and technical systems as well as to coordinate with IT to troubleshoot any systems issues
- Identify ways to streamline and improve manual processes via macro automations / Microsoft excel formulae.
You will have
- Degree and professional qualification preferred
- Excellent inter-personal skills who can communicate across all levels in the organization
- Previous experience in FMCG or other consumer industry related product will be advantageous
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, able to present at multi-level and cross-functions
- Flexibility to Travel at least 50%