About our client
Our client is in the agricultural business with a global presence that includes world-class manufacturing facilities, innovation centers and distribution network.
About the role
The South East Asia Controller in Singapore will play a key business partnering position with strong capabilities to drive results and a “can-do” attitude. It is important for the controller to have a strong sense of integrity and leadership qualities to cover the functions of accounting, management and statutory reporting requirements for the Group. This includes financial management responsibilities for multiple business units within the region and hence, cultural sensitivity and the ability to navigate diverse nationalities will be important.
- Lead South East Asia on all controllership and finance business partnering activities.
- Responsible for technical and judgement accounting.
- Drive functional excellence through standardization of processes and continuous development of team members, ensuring agility to keep up with business needs/changes.
- Oversee monthly closing, financial reporting activities (internal and external, where applicable), working closely with the Group’s shared service centre.
- To put in place internal controls across all entities and to ensure compliance and adherence to Group policies and procedures and additionally, to design, draft and implement local policies and procedures as and when the need arises.
- Be the lead finance partner in mergers and acquisitions, new legal entities set ups across the region.
- Perform other duties as deemed appropriate and assigned by management.
You will have
- Credentials in Finance, Accounting or related professional qualifications (CPA/CA qualification).
- US GAAP and SOX.
- SEA tax-related knowledge and understanding of derivatives/futures.
- Regional experience with the ability to work with cross functional teams and drive desirable outcomes through influence as well as to be a team player who is keen to learn with a positive attitude.
- Six sigma certification will be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and adaptable to change.
- Prior working experience with MNC environment.