About our client
Our client is a leading information and measurement company that provides market research and data to a number of the world’s largest companies.
About the role
To lead and manage the South East Asia insights team and work collaboratively with the Business Development team on innovative sales pitches. To build the Insights brand and to ensure that it is operating within budget and revenue targets are reached and profits are maximized.
- Manage the SEA team and projects in order to maximize revenue targets; directly manage SEA team to achieve this goal.
- Meet with SEA clients of priority accounts together with sales team and Insights Team to craft appropriate listening frameworks and meet demands and/or address issues.
- Present top level research to clients (where possible or applicable).
- Develop/manage the development of new products and services (in collaboration with relevant stakeholders).
- Work with the sales manager to improve and strengthen the relationship between sales and production.
- Ensure that the SEA team are producing the highest quality analysis and are delivering reports in a timely manner.
- Work with sales team to develop report quality by encouraging the use of feedback mechanisms such as story conferences and feedback forms.
- Ensure that constant review and feedback processes are being utilized between SEA team to sustain quality levels; ensure that feedbacks are actioned upon (in collaboration with relevant stakeholders).
- Encourage and create awareness of best practices to assist in report production.
- Manage Job Orders for SEA project ensuring that all approved requests are acted upon by Insights Managers; ensures promised turnaround times are met.
- Manage the cost of projects by maximizing productivity, identifying key cost savings and improving efficiencies.
- Work with the Insights Managers in the region to effectively plan resources for all deliverables.
- Coordinate with sales team to be constantly updated of the projects in the pipeline.
- Drives innovation and process improvements.
- Coordinate and encourage the Insights Team to constantly find solutions, update technologies/tools (including charts) and/or better methodologies.
- Hold team members accountable with clear objectives, KPI’s, policies and procedures.
- Drive high performance in the team through managing and coaching the team and providing quality feedback.
- Recruit and select high performers, develops talent and then recognize and rewards performance.
- Facilitate regular team meetings to discuss issues, shares knowledge and achievements, provides training and direction.
- Identify training and development needs and provides the resources needed to develop team members or liaise with the pertinent team to meet this end.
- Comply with all local legislative requirements.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Where appropriate keep up to date with legislative requirements through membership of industry organisations.
- Ensure personal adherence to workplace health and safety requirements and either addresses or brings to management’s attention when others are in breach of these requirements.
- Act in an ethical way when dealing with company assets and other people.
You will have
- Degree in Communications, Communications Research, Business or other related Social Sciences.
- Social media experience and knowledge of the market and the current issues.
- 8+ years analysis/research experience.
- Experience in managing analysts/researchers and/or projects for at least five years..
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with cross-cultural teams and with external parties.
- Proven capability in hands-on problem solving, with the ability to generate ideas and solutions; self-motivated and results driven; excellent organizational and time management skills; attention to details and ability to work under pressure; easy to get along with, exhibiting meekness in dealing with other co-workers.
- Analytical ability with keen sense of what is insightful and actionable for clients; ability to transfer such skills to other team members; good business sense to help ensure that the project is operating within budget and revenue targets are met.