About our client
Our client is a leading venture capital/private equity firm that invests in financial services and technology sectors across Asia. The investment platform combines financial intelligence, industry intuition and operational expertise to enhance the value of companies within their portfolio.
About the role
The VC Investment VP in Singapore will play a key role to execute venture capital transactions within the technology sector across South East Asia. The successful candidate is an experienced specialist for early stage venture capital investments in Tech and FinTech services who will undertake the primary role of deal execution as well as to provide financial and strategic advice on a variety of issues.
- Leading and managing ongoing negotiation activities with clients, clients’ legal counsel, transaction counterparties and third-party advisors, as applicable; independently drive overall transaction process
- Execution: manage a fast-paced client-facing role which includes valuation; analyzing and evaluating economic and financial data
- Strong analytical skills with proven success in a role that provides due diligence, research and interpretation of market environment, opportunities and investment strategies (including financial modeling and financial review of proposed investments to meet ROI criterion)
- Take charge of concluding legal documents in relation to investments
You will have
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university; MBA or other graduate degree strongly preferred
- In-depth understanding of technology/FinTech sector and VC investments in Asia, with approximately 10 years' worth of working experience (part of which, at least 3 years’ should include VC /Start-up /Strategic consulting /professional financial firms /professional law firm )
- Strong business and financial analytical capabilities, as well as strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Business fluency (both verbal and written) in English + other ASEAN language(s) will be advantageous
- Strong networking skills, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Legal/Tech/Financial Services Sector experience will be advantageous