About the Client
The Organisation is a Financial Institution and has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the Role
The role of the department includes providing senior management and, through the Risk/Audit Committees, the Board with independent and objective assurance of the governance/control over business and operational activities, risk management and support functions across all entities.
- To conduct internal audits/reviews of all entities covering products, operations, processes, procedures, regulatory requirements, systems, branches / branch network/channels and any other areas / functions / entities that may be assigned from time to time.
- The audits / reviews are to independently assess whether the audited entities’ system of internal controls are effectively implemented in compliance with relevant laws, regulations, Group and local policies and procedures.
- Monitoring performance to ensure that the plans are achieved.
- Planning, undertaking and reporting all audit reviews.
- Finalizing of audit is based on all observations discussed in the exit meeting.
- Ensuring complete documentation of files and that all documents have been obtained and requisite cross references have been made.
- Through the audits, provide the senior management and Board/Audit Committee of the Bank with independent assurance that the risk management systems/framework, internal controls and governance processes are effective and that its operations are properly controlled or otherwise.
- Carrying out special assignments as requested by the country management.
- Interacting periodically with BNM to apprise them of the control environment within the country operations.
- Organizing meetings of the audit committee.
- Support management in the maintenance of effective controls and operational risk management and provide consultation services to management in these areas.
You will have
- Preferably a recognized degree with 5-8 years working experience in related discipline and/or audit experience would be ideal.
- Possess strong knowledge on banking regulations and operations, and internal control concepts.
- Strong planning and organizing skills with strong follow through abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and lateral thinking skills.
- Strong in both written and verbal communication.
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Effective in handling conflict management at all levels.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in exercising broad discretion with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Progressive and able to handle complex business operating environment in terms of changes in regulatory requirements, market trends and practices etc.
- Possess a high level of problem solving, influencing, analytical and lateral thinking skills.