About the Client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the Role
The role will drive and define minimum standards, policies and methodologies, monitor compliance, and identify as well as report on Bank-wide risk exposures for the Private Banking business. You will drive the Private Banking business in assessing their operational risks and review controls instituted periodically to ensure that the measures introduced continue to be relevant and appropriate.
Risk & Compliance
- Cultivate risk culture within the Group including Subsidiaries.
- Performing review and advisory functions on risk and compliance matters.
- Undertake necessary operational risk functions as the first line of defense (e.g. develop business specific KRI, coordinate product risk review) and Compliance Representative (e.g. AMLA review, SC submission review).
- Ensuring that all staff are trained in relation to applicable rules and procedure in their respective area.
- Assist in closing out all audit issues raised.
- Loan application review (as per GRI requirement).
- Recommend process improvement.
- Oversee complaints management.
- Review account opening related exceptions.
- Coordinate litigation matters.
- Ad hoc projects (i.e. system enhancement).
You will have
- At minimum a degree holder.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the financial industry and required field.
- Recognized risk management professional certification (e.g. Certified Risk Professional, Financial Risk Manager, etc.) is an added advantage.
- Work experience in relevant area of operational risk management/compliance/internal audit/internal controls and banking operations.
- Good writing skills with ability to customize best practices to suit the Group’s strategies.
- Good understanding of banking business and the relevant compliance obligations.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in regulatory set-up with compliance background would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pro-active, display self-initiative, independent, adaptable and good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels of employees and external parties.
- Ability to objectively analyze information and exercise good judgment.