About our client
Our client is a largest MNC bank in Malaysia, offers a full range of personal and commercial services from a network of branches and direct channels.
About the role
This role is based on overall Markets Operations structure: Equities, Fixed Income, FX/MM, Cross Product Services, Client Data Services and Collateral Management & Client Valuation Operations, to support multiple products and legal entities and are responsible for various functions within the trade life cycle.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Operations teams and making sure an appropriate structure exists below the management level and that succession planning is in place.
- Work with cross functional global product heads in Markets Operations to plan and execute future migrations, based on agreed end-state operating model.
- Work with functional global product heads to ensure benefits from migrations are realized through cost benefits while maintaining/improving service levels.
- Establish appropriate metrics to monitor controls, productivity and service levels.
- Recruit and train local staff as required.
- Establish materials, training programmes to ensure specialist product and process knowledge can be retained and handed on appropriately to new staff.
- Work with IT to implement both strategic and tactical change programmes.
- Adhere to the control framework and promotes excellent risk management across the function.
- Close working partnership with Business Risk and Control team.
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
You will have
- Strong understanding of Markets Operations.
- Added advantage would be prior experience of Derivatives Confirmations (Equities/Rates).
- Experienced operations professional with significant exposure to managing off shore operations; ideally with a focus on Markets Operations.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills with the capability or track record of managing staff.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment with ability to support multiple functions and stakeholders.
- Hands on experience of formulating and executing on-shore and off-shore operating models.
- Strong awareness and appreciation to operations risk and control and exception management.
- Ability to implement global initiatives and work as part of a global management team.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage local and international relationships across an organization.
- Attention to detail and a hands-on approach to management to work with local managers driving process change and improve efficiency and control.
- Strong budgetary experience.
- Familiar working knowledge of associated technology.