About our client
Our client is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,000 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in 211 countries. As part of its 2020 strategy, rapidly expanding its financial crime compliance services offering to support the industry with this major regulatory challenge.
About the role
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of professionals responsible for daily system, problem and change management. Main area of work is the Swift.com Services environment, managing mid-sized to enterprise type of systems and a high number of external/internal client facing web based applications/services.
- Perform day-to-day system administration/management activities that may include initial set-up, configuration, patching of OS and application software.
- Deploy software releases according to the Change Management process.
- May participate in the planning and implementation of applications/systems/enhancements, ensuring adherence to documented processes and procedures and risk mitigation efforts.
- Follow-up and document our services (systems/applications/procedures) as they evolve.
- Interact with infrastructure, network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development teams in order to guarantee availability of Swift.com services and/or identify root cause of problems.
- Automate administrative tasks and improve the monitoring of applications ensuring effectiveness in line with customer needs and departmental policies.
- Ensure the correct level of security on the systems and during daily work.
- With the help of senior colleagues resolve problem management issues regarding systems/operations by identifying corrective measures/improvements in accordance with the Service Level Agreements.
You will have
- 5 years of experience as a System administrator or a CM Specialist.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong IT knowledge including OS, storage, database, backup and monitoring
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux system administration (Solaris and/or RHEL) including shell scripting
- Good knowledge of Networking and TCP/IP
- Good understanding of the relationship between software/OS/hardware/network
- Knowledge of virtualisation (Solaris zones/logical domains and/or VMware) and clustering is a plus
- Knowledge of Web servers (Apache Tomcat) is a plus