About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also, a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
The key purpose is to plan, drive and manage fraud management for the Retail/Consumer Business, including developing appropriate framework, risk assessment, reporting and analytics, investigation alerts, training and consequence management.
- Develop and grow effective and extensive relationship with external regulators, law enforcement agencies and other financial institutions.
- To track and report total financial impact from frauds and related recoveries.
- To estimate Value-At-Risk from fraud of various types scams, syndicates, etc.
- Work with HR – IR on consequence management to be meted out to staffs implicated in external and internal fraud.
- Issues fraud alert and communications to business periodically and when need arise.
- Secretarial for Retail Bank Fraud Management Forum.
- Liaise with external bodies/investigation parties.
- Provide fraud advisory to respective business units.
- Developing and managing fraud Management Framework for Retail Bank.
- Assess fraud risks of all departments and develop appropriate department specific fraud mitigation plan.
- Provide management updates on the effectiveness of fraud mitigating measure taken by Bank.
- Conduct fraud investigation on internal and external fraud.
You will have
- Degree in Banking/Finance or in a related field.
- At least 10 years’ working experience in fraud or investigations space, preferably within the banking and financial services industry.
- Excellent in interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong drive in Operations/Business experience & attitude for risk management field may be considered.