About our client
Our client is a global private equity firm specializing in mergers, acquisitions, and operations of companies.
About the role
The successful Senior Vice President, Transition & Portfolio Operations of Asia will take a key seat in driving initiation, acceleration and continued business performance improvement. This role works in conjunction with management of the portfolio company to ensure an annual business plan is developed, and that it is hard hitting, value creating, measurable, and most importantly, implemented.
The SVP of Transition Operations will be an integral part (and member) of the PE’s Operating Board of specific Portfolio Companies, working in conjunction with other PE Group’s executives to ensure the business realizes its full potential under the PE’s ownership.
Key areas may include, but not limited to:
- SG&A reduction
- Organization span & control alignment
- Procurement & strategic sourcing
- Operations footprint optimization
- Shop floor operations improvement
- Inventory optimization
- IT cost reduction
- Revenue enhancement
- Pricing optimization
- Sales force effectiveness
- Impacts targets from the transformation plan are incorporated into Annual Operating Plan
- Establish a PMO to oversee transformation plan execution and oversight
Integrate acquisitions via:
- Talent Assessment as well as to implement Delegation of Authority.
- Reorganization (where necessary).
- Review legal operating requirements, such as licenses, risk/insurance.
- Fulfill reporting requirements and to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and close.
- Develop 13 week cash flow forecast.
- Obtain required BoD resolutions such as the appointment of officers.
- Ensure timely and accurate bondholder reporting.
- Ensure operational adherence to the sales agreement requirements.
Partner with portfolio management teams to drive rapid and significant operating and financial performance
- Lead development of transformation plans to drive rapid and significant EBITDA growth.
- Determine the need for third party resources to lead parts of the transformation; if there is a strong business case/ROI, select and hire 3rd party resources.
Provide ongoing leadership and oversight of Portfolio Companies
- Oversee the ongoing operations of the company during its ownership by PE Group.
- Coach and counsel the CEO and senior management team on ongoing challenges and opportunities facing the company.
- Identify opportunities and drive improvement projects on an ongoing basis.
As necessary, to partner with M&A Deal Teams and M&A Operations Team to conduct operational due diligence on potential acquisitions
- Participate in the evaluation of management capabilities, business strategies and tactics, and provide specific and quantifiable recommendations for improvement in revenue, working capital and cash flow.
- Participate in onsite due diligence reviews.
- Analyze potential carve-out activities necessary to separate a company from its parent in a corporate divestiture.
- Coordinate with the appropriate subject matter experts to negotiate transition service agreements (TSA’s) including the development of each scope of work outlining the ongoing relationship between the parent organization and the acquisition target.
- Develop a project plan outlining a timeline, estimated cost and resources required to accomplish the divestiture and/or acquisition.
- Obtain detailed understanding of business exposures/issues.
- Prepare operational due diligence reports and analysis in cooperation with the PE’s deal teams.
You will have
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical/quantitative discipline with an MBA from a top-tier institution.
- Successfully experienced tough, high urgency situations, such as near or actual bankruptcies, restructuring, substantial cost cutting, mergers, carve-outs, etc.
- Consulting mindset – strong in assessment and quantification - with the ability to make hard decisions and drive implementation.
- Highly analytical with a solid understanding of Accounting and Finance, but with meaningful Operations related (Purchasing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain) line responsibility in his/her background. Secondary experience in Sales, Marketing, Growth and Strategy will be a real advantage.
- Strong, laser-focused leadership with 15 years of progressive manufacturing/industrial or supply-chain experience, about half of which was spent in top-tier management consulting and half in industry.
- Managerial and/or educational experience in both Asian and Western countries.
- Endless energy, 80%+ travel throughout Asia and Australia.
- Fluent (written and oral) in both English and Mandarin Chinese.