About our client
The client is a well-established financial firm offering financial services and holds the rank of a global leader within the industry. The Group offers tailored solutions to individuals and businesses.
About the role
Seeking a strong and independent senior finance leader to manage the Financial Planning and Analysis function, Credit Control and Finance Operations of the Group. The position also plays a key role in the development and management of the overall finance functions working with the company’s leadership to deliver strong financials with integrity to the Group. Ideally a people manager who can promote a conducive and open working environment that encourages teamwork as well as to provide motivation and guidance effectively.
- You will drive and support strategic planning and budgeting/forecasting exercise across the organization.
- You will be expected to deliver a feasible financial forecast to facilitate top management in driving results and provide insightful analysis and input from business aspects i.e. financial/ operation/ commercial views.
- You will be responsible to highlight via reports, key focal points and identify areas for improvement as part of the reporting requirement for internal management and board purposes.
- You will be accountable for the statutory and compliance requirements for financial and regulatory related matters in accordance with required standards and regulations and in a timely manner.
- You will need to help maintain and implement appropriate systems and processes to deliver effective financial reporting, controls and operations.
- You will look after effective working capital management and P&L performance as well as manage the Group’s overall funding and cash flows framework for the Group.
- You will be expected to maintain a highly effective cross-function communication and liaison, especially with Business Head, Operations, Sales and Human Capital. This includes supporting commercial requirements of the business while maintaining an appropriate balance between financial and non-financial considerations and expectations.
- You will be expected to develop fit for purpose tools and analysis/reporting to support the front-end divisions to deliver the expected and required outcome as well as put in place controls for pricing and costing strategies, particularly when including a new business or client, with emphasis on ROI of investment cases.
Corporate, Governance and Risk Management
- You will be looking into the Group’s governance structure
- You will be the gatekeeper for compliance with governance and risk management framework. This includes internal and financial controls, Limits of Authority and finance/procurement/contract management policies and procedures and Revenue and Cost Assurance as well as Insurance/Risk Assessments.
- You are to be the key liaison with external parties i.e. customers, bankers, auditors, tax agent, company secretary, etc.
- You will have a say over projects on improvement plans for systems and processes that is aimed towards enhancing effectiveness of delivery in the finance team and be accountable for any implementation/changes of systems and process in Finance.
You will have
- Candidate must possess professional qualification ACCA/CPA/MIA/MICPA or at least a bachelor’s Degree, Professional Degree, and Finance/Accountancy/Banking of equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of insurance industry experience within the area of financial management.
- High level of proficiency in English language (both verbal and written).
- Possess sound business judgment to identify core business objectives.
- An analytical mindset capable to synthesize, interpret and develop meaningful insights followed by clear communication to key stakeholders.
- Someone who is able to work independently and with the team, self-motivated and matured in nature.
- Have sound knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.