About our client
Our client helps transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of their capabilities and client engagements and the way they collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
About the role
Our client’s strategy group combines corporate strategy consulting with unique industry knowledge in the energy, agricultural and metals commodities Industry and global experience working with organizations focused on commodities production, trading, logistics and marketing. This group is competing with the world’s leading consulting organizations to provide strategic advisory services to Ministries, Chief Executives and Senior Executives on Investments, Trading and Optimization strategy.
Their focus is summarized in three main areas:
- Investment Valuation & Financial Structuring: You will work with their clients’ executives to shape and execute investment strategies, corporate restructuring, capital planning, pre-deal analysis, balance-sheet optimization and other core strategic priorities around their assets portfolio.
- Trading and Risk Management: You will work with industry players exposed to commodity markets to develop advanced trading strategies, optimization & arbitrage models, required operational capabilities and risk & performance management models that support uplift in bottom-line earnings.
- Commercial Optimization: You will support their clients developing advanced supply & demand analysis of commodities relevant for their operating market, optimize their assets portfolio through new commercial and operational structures and develop advanced pricing models.
- Screening & valuing investment opportunities in the power sector for a biomass producer in Europe.
- Developing the operating model and operational processes for a new shipping desk in Singapore.
The current team is composed of self-driven and deeply experienced individuals with high proficiency in numerical modelling, strong intellectual curiosity and ambition for fast career progression. Following rapid growth of this group in EMEA, the group has developed a local presence in Singapore and is looking for Consultants and Managers to expand advisory activities in South East Asia.
- Support shaping project approach, key activities, planning.
- Manage business analysts and consultants which are part of the project delivery team and assign responsibilities on data gathering activities, modelling, interviews, presentation and others.
- Oversee the development of advance numerical models to support quantitative analysis in areas including financial and risk modelling, value chain optimization, price forecasting and supply & demand analysis.
- Lead interaction with client teams to present findings, retrieve data, conduct interviews, discuss preliminary and argument recommendations.
- Present findings to client executive teams and articulate approach & recommendations.
- Support internal Business Development activities by conducting Industry & Company specific research (competition, market, financials, customers, etc.) and supporting the development of proposal presentations.
- Interact with client teams to retrieve data, conduct interviews, discuss preliminary findings and argument recommendations.
- Develop advance numerical models to support quantitative analysis in areas including financial modeling, value chain optimization, price forecasting and supply & demand analysis.
You will have
- Knowledge of Corporate, Market & Project Finance (Preferred)
- Industry Knowledge of the soft-commodities markets & Industrials [Preferred]Strong Communications Skills (written presentation & orals) and confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Advanced proficiency on Excel & VBA coding (Additional programming or modelling experience would be a distinctive advantage)
- Self-driven and eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Willingness to travel in South East Asia
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject from a leading academic institution (preferred undergraduate degree in Sciences or Engineering or Finance or Economics – Master Degree is preferred)
- 3-7y professional experience at minimum [Strong preference for previous experience in Strategy consulting in tier-1 firms. Additional experience in risk management, strategy consulting for the commodities industry, investment banking, commodity trading would be a distinct advantage]
- Track-record of project management and client facing roles [in a consulting environment is preferred]
- Experience in project-based, team oriented environments