About our client
Our client is global technology company with a massive footprint in the Financial Services sector. They are looking for good developers to join their expanding development team.
About the role
Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. You will be participating in the design, development and implementation of complex applications.
- Design and Develop Oracle PL/SQL packages, procedures and functions.
- Creation and monitoring of batch jobs utilizing a job scheduler.
- Monitor actual deliverable deadlines against scheduled completion dates.
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Support both client and department programming standards.
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure quality of work produced.
- Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance.
- Willingness to learn, adapt new technologies.
You will have
- 3 – 5 years of current PL/SQL experience.
- Experience with UNIX/ LINUX shell scripting.
- Possess technical background and experience supporting Oracle applications, tools and databases.
- Strong experience with Oracle Object Design and implementation (Oracle Packages, Procedures, Triggers).
- Experience writing UNIX scripts.
- Strong systems analysis experience.
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- ColdFusion experience in creating web applications with connectivity to Oracle databases.
- Experience with Appworx, Adobe Flex, SQL Server, .Net, SQL and/or Microsoft DTS.
- Prior experience from a consulting environment is preferable.