About our client
Our client is a leading global resources company. In Kuala Lumpur, their functions predominantly as a transactional hub for global operations providing Human Resources, Supply, Financial services and Technology, running on SAP. As a global employer, our employees are exposed to global operating standards, extensive learning and development programs.
About the role
We seek a well-rounded and dynamic individual to join our team as a Specialist in our Procurement team. Reporting to the Manager Supply Processing, you will be responsible to coordinate the activities of a team and provide leadership in performing mandated activities, ensuring effective resource utilization and operational needs are met in a timely and effective manner, in accordance with defined policies and procedures. The successful candidate should ensure alignment with and compliance to internal controls including the BHP Billiton Charter and Code of Business Conduct, Group Level Documents, agreements, systems, standards and procedures
- Personally, manage a high volume of purchasing requests and associated queries from internal customers and vendors via phone, email and workflow.
- Provide support and assist in supervision/training in best practice to Analyst Purchasing within the team as a “functional expert”.
- Assist Lead Purchasing in resolving complex Purchasing issues, review of work allocation and associated regular and ad-hoc reporting activities to manage team’s performance.
- Assist the Lead Purchasing to continuously update and improve procedures and QRG documentation for the Team.
- First point of escalation within the team for purchasing issues.
- Deep understanding of and capacity to efficiently operate within 1SAP to raise Purchase Orders, interrogate existing orders and perform other tasks in relation to customer/vendor queries.
- Actively participate in ensuring Monitoring & Controlling activities are executed and take corrective actions as required.
- Provide assistance with internal and external audit requirements.
- Actively contribute towards achieving set performance targets and KPIs.
- Sound understanding of relevant Procurement Standards and proactive application of these in all dealings.
- Develop supportive relationships with others in the team and demonstrate and promote operational discipline when executing day-to-day activities.
- Support the Supply A & I Team to test and roll out process improvements and system changes (steady state User Acceptance Testing).
- Recommend improvement initiatives in existing processes, practices and systems to the Lead Supply Purchasing and Supply Analysis & Improvement team.
- Participate in various projects, in various capacities, as required.
You will have
- Possess a good understanding of Procure to Pay within a high volume transactional environment.
- 3-4 years’ experience in Purchasing within a SAP environment.
- Exposure (and preferably hands on experience) within warehousing, inventory, repairable management, commodities and services purchasing.
- Demonstrable experience improving processes and successfully participating in implementing within a Supply, Warehouse or Finance environment.
- Good commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships, work with and influence a range of cross functional stakeholders.
- Possess good communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal.
- Be proficiency and experience in Microsoft Office Suite, SAP Procure to Pay or similar ERP P2P processes.
- Possess good working knowledge of process improvement processes and methodology.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.