About our client
The Client is a foreign bank and is amongst the most successful banking groups in Malaysia, offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
Leadership to ensure proactive approach is taken to identification of Regulatory Compliance (RC) risk change and potential impacts on the Global Banking Business Model.
- Continuous review for appropriateness of framework to monitor regulatory compliance developments impacting on the Global Banking business;
- Lead implement programmes to quantify impacts and implement actions to address, manage and mitigate impacts of regulatory changes on the Global Banking business;
- Implement as required market product suitability, sales and staff remuneration policies and systems that ensure that the Global Banking business’s exposure to regulatory compliance and reputational risks is managed, in a practical and effective manner, including efficient and reasonable deployment of resources and an understanding of the business operations and needs;
- Establishes and implement global standards and strategic policies which ensure the Global Banking business’s exposure to current risks and emerging arising risk is managed appropriately, in a commercially focused and practical manner;
- Works closely with Financial Intelligence Unit and Business Financial Intelligence Units to manage Risk and Compliance matters;
- Reviews and assists in the effective deployment of the Regulatory Compliance Assurance function;
- Lead / liaison with relevant stakeholder within the Global Banking business, other Global Business and Functional teams to provide expertise and support on all RC related matters;
- Interaction with Regulators and industry bodies, on Regulatory Compliance matters relating to the Global Banking business;
- Strong communication and working relationship within other the Global Banking business leaders, other Risk Disciplines, Functions and Global Businesses to ensure implementation of new disciplines;
- Responsible for the performance management of the team, using relevant performance management tools, ensuring timely action is taken to improve underperformance, to maximise effectiveness of the team;
- Ensure development activities are a core priority and enable all team members to take reasonable time for learning and developmental activities;
- Ensure the team is resourced to headcount plan, sufficient to meet the demands and opportunities of the business; Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships with senior business managers at the Global and Country levels;
- Focus on implementing the aligning the Global Banking business operating practices with changes in Global Regulatory Compliance Standards;
- Resolve any/all identified issues promptly, and escalate concerns to management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns;
- Maintain and observe all Group’s control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators;
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
You will have
- At least 10 years experience within a Compliance function in a large/ international regulated financial services provider in addition to other working experience;
- Significant leadership experience and a strategic thinker;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business;
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues;
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Regulators;
- Experience of creating, leading and motivating a team;
- Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and / or data and provide succinct summary for management;
- Experience of working within a matrixed environment preferred including reporting internationally;
- Ability to lead change and contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business globally.