About our Client
The Organisation is one of the regions’ leading capital raising centres which offers great career prospects to strive alongside regional champions, aspiring to be amongst the best.
About the role
The Incumbent will formulate rules and regulatory policy changes and provide legal/regulatory advice for more complex/major projects in the manner as may be guided by lead.
- Draft or formulate rules and regulatory policies pertaining to projects or tasks assigned that is current, comprehensive, consistent with prevailing securities laws and regulations, facilitative of Organisation’s objectives and facilitative of discharge of the Organisation’s obligations under the law, rules and guidance and takes into account industry and public views, where relevant, for the review of the relevant Head of Department.
- Identify and assist in a comprehensive manner all issues in relation to the project or task assigned.
- Undertaking accurate and comprehensive research and benchmarking.
- Draft all relevant documents to facilitate the issuance of the new or amended rules or regulatory policies for review by the relevant head of department, including consultation papers, memorandum to secure internal approval etc.
- Procure and analyse industry feedback on the proposed rule changes for consideration and assist in procuring the relevant internal approvals required for the proposed rule changes.
- Provide and propose legal/regulatory advice, recommendation or input in a timely accurate and comprehensive manner in accordance with established precedents, where applicable.
- Conduct due enquiry and research, and draft the legal/regulatory advice, recommendation or input for review by relevant head of departments
- Assist in planning, managing, procuring and organizing input, the resolution of regulatory issues and ensuring compliance with relevant laws in respect of specific projects or matters as may be guided by the head of department.
- Monitoring, analyzing and proposing actions to be taken in relation to relevant rules and capital market developments in benchmarked jurisdictions for consideration of the head of department.
- Propose improvements to processes and procedures that relate to rules to ensure greater effectiveness, efficiency and consistency of provision of rule development and advisory services.
- Review processes and procedures that relate to rule development and advisory services and highlight areas that require improvement of head of department.
- Propose enhancements to processes and procedures to ensure greater effectiveness, efficiency and consistency of provision of services.
You will have
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Law
- Candidate must be a Qualified Advocate & Solicitor
- You will need to have approximately 6-8 years post qualifying experience, in regulatory work or litigation or corporate matters ie. capital markets, IPOS, mergers & acquisition (corporate finance) etc.
- Sound knowledge of capital markets, securities and corporation laws will be an advantage.
- Strong drafting and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.