About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also, a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
To assist with Operational Risk Management for the Fund Management Business, scope including and not limited to monitoring 1st line and 2nd line defences, IT risk and Shariah Risk.
- To assist in organizing and directing BNM ORM Policy requirements (including monitoring of BOC) & 2nd line of defence (SLOD) roles including IT risk and shariah risk.
- To provide accurate and timely reporting to senior management on op risk triggers, major op risk losses, loss trend, breaches, emerging risk, etc.
- To provide advisory & training on risk assessment tools, review of risk identification and assessment of new products/processes/risk profile/KRIs.
- To monitor and report disciplinary actions taken for breaches.
- To plan and manage BCM strategies & directions for FMD and facilitate with awareness training on operational risk tools and related to BCM ant IT risk.
- To assist with timely review of ORM policies/ guides for risk identification, assessment, GRAF tools, incident reporting, IT risk, shariah risk, etc.
- To manage the process workflow for Consequence Management.
- To ensure timely reporting of Key Risk Indicator (KRI) to Group Operational Risk.
- To review the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) & facilitate development of BC plan based on BCM strategy for FMD.
- To undertake validation on effectiveness of operational controls relating to systems within the business and other operating units.
- To undertake specific compliance related project from time to time as required.
You will have
- Degree in Accounting, Business, Actuarial Science and other banking related field.
- At least 6 - 8 years’ working experience in Banking Finance or Asset Management industry with exposure in operational risk management or related functions.
- At least 1 – 3 years’ experience in crisis management or business continuity management.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of risk management concepts, methodologies and banking operations.
- Good understanding of work processes in IT environment & service levels.
- Proficient with relevant regulatory requirements, industry best practices and policies.
- Knowledge on shariah business and risk matters related to asset management industry.