About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
The role ensures 1st Level review of product, services, policies, procedures and other key documents submitted by business/functional units to ensure adherence to Group’s compliance obligations.
- Review new/enhanced proposal papers, process change, policy, framework, procedures, guidelines, manual, circular prior to approval.
- Perform periodic review on selected functions/business units to identify, manage, monitor, and mitigate exposure to compliance risk, when required.
- Facilitate the sign off process for all reviews conducted by Compliance Review & Assurance.
- Provide advisory services on compliance standards for the Group, where required.
- Maintain and upload key regulatory guidelines in the organization’s web portal to ensure employees are kept abreast on the latest regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance to staff to give appropriate advice to compliance, business and functional groups on compliance related matters.
- Develop compliance tools to facilitate compliance to key regulatory requirements.
- Other tasks as requested by Head, Compliance Assurance.
You will have
- At minimum a degree holder.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial industry.
- Have a good understanding of the compliance function in financial services industry.
- Have a keen understanding of how current trends in laws and regulations which impact the compliance framework and standards.
- Good writing skills with ability to customize best practices to suit the Group’s compliance strategies.
- Good understanding of banking business and the relevant compliance obligations.
- Able to work efficiently and effectively to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to lead a team to achieve results.
- Experience in regulatory set-up with compliance background would be advantageous.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pro-active, display self-initiative, independent, adaptable and good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels of employees and external parties.
- Ability to objectively analyze information and exercise good judgment.