About the role
The Organisation is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
The role of the team includes implementation and day-to-day execution of quality assurance processes in accordance with the compliance and quality assurance policies and procedures to ensure first line compliance controls are effective and in line with global and country AML and Sanctions policies and procedures as well as local regulatory requirements. The team also controls subject to quality assurance reviews include transaction monitoring, client and payment screening, sanctions screening and customer due diligence.
- Overseeing effective implementation and day-to-day execution of risk based sampling and quality assurance review in accordance with compliance policies and procedures and within established timeframes.
- Review quality assurance reports prior to issuance.
- Monitor and engage with first line on the quality assurance results, agreed remedial actions and timeline and progress status until satisfactory closure of issues, including conduct of feedback session where required.
- Review and monitor findings on first line controls including those identified by non-quality assurance sources, such as regulator, compliance monitoring and testing and audit in order to identify thematic/risk issues. This will form the basis for further quality assurance, which is risk based, and feedback and support to first line for remediation and improvement.
- Escalate risk issues to management where appropriate to enable oversight of risk issues and informed decision making.
- Perform benchmarking of industry standards and keep abreast of regulatory, industry, group policies and business development in order to ensure quality assurance standards are effectively aligned to current day standards and development.
- Perform on-going enhancement to quality assurance framework, process and procedures that continue to evolve in line with changes in regulations, policies, business environment, systems and processes.
- Manage and develop the quality assurance team, structure and operating model into a matured and sustainable function with the required resources, skills and expertise.
You will have
- Minimum of eight years proven management experience in quality assurance, audit, compliance, financial services operation or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge in AML, in particular investigations, and in Sanctions is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, banking activities, operations, products, processes and systems, and able to navigate through for information.
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning, problem solving and decision making skills with ability to identify links and issues and provide practical recommendations with business impact considered.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, training and management skills that drive positive performance and compliance culture among team members and stakeholders in an intense environment.
- Able to work independently and can multi-task and work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment and under pressure.
- Strong spoken and written communication, presentation and influencing skills with message being conveyed effectively in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Able to work confidently and in an environment of competing demands and experience in collaborating with various stakeholders.
- Proficiency with personal computers and pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- ICA AML or ACAMS qualification an advantage.