About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also, a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
The role will ensure the compliance ratios are being met in order to avoid being penalized by the regulatory authority. The role will review, analyse and implement the impact of any changes in the guidelines by regulators, accounting standards or internal policies. The role will also act as the MIS support towards data or information required by stakeholders.
- Understanding of Basel market risk and FHC etc. guideline and also understand various financial products like Swap, Option Repo, etc.
- Assist the Unit Head in the smooth running of the compliance section and ensure that the regulatory reporting in respect of compliance reporting are submitted accurately on time.
- Attending to and interacting with relevant departments of the various lines of businesses in respect of their reporting requirement and assists in problem solving as and when required.
- Provide advice and assistance pertaining to regulatory reporting on new initiative or products introduced by the business divisions.
- Analyze month over month movement and provide commentary.
You will have
- Recognised Degree or Professional Qualification in Accounting/ Finance.
- Have min 5 years’ experience in BNM Regulatory Reporting Functions in Banking industry at supervisory level.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in Basel and Statutory Reserve Reporting at supervisory level.
- Prior experience in risk and compliance regulatory reporting for BNM.
- Knowledge of various financial instruments i.e. Swap, Option Repo, etc.