About the Client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the Role
The role will drive and oversee AML/CFT for the Fund Management business.
- To oversee Anti Money Laundering & Anti – Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) activities specially to:
- Supervise the team tasked to perform the daily transaction monitoring to ensure timely closure and escalation of AML/CFT alerts.
- Provide advice and guidance to staff on AML/CFT matters related to policies, investigation techniques and potential suspicious activities.
- Ensure the SOP/RBA are up to date, ensure the closure of alerts and case are adequately justifiable, timely reporting of STRs and compliance to record keeping.
- Manage a team consists of Assistant Managers/executives in attending requests from regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- From time to time to enhance the process, relook at the tracking template for improvement and undertake reconciliation of internal and external reporting.
- Act as a liaison with the regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies on compliance and AML/SFT issues e.g. Royal Malaysia Police Attorney General’s Chambers, Bank Negara Malaysia and Inland Revenue Board.
You will have
- Degree in Banking/Finance/Management/Business Management/Legal or any related field.
- AML/CFT or Compliance Related.
- Preferably 7 years working experience in Finance Industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in compliance or AML/CFT transaction monitoring.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Supervisor or team lead.