About the client
The Client is a Financial Institution and one of the largest banking groups in Malaysia. Also, a Public listed company on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the organization has subsidiaries offering a range of products and services. The organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
The key purpose is to develop, structure and undertake periodic face-toface tailored training for the Banking Group staff in relation to AML-CFT matters covering both Compliance abd Business Unit. The training would be structured in a manner that would enable the general staff (especially customer facing staff) to understand their role and the appropriate actions required to be taken in complying to the Banking Group’s AML-CFT policies. The incumbent will also provide internal training to the group compliance staff, pertaining to alerts investigation techniques, potential AML topologies and includes AML system training. To ensure training effectiveness, the training content would also be incorporated with analysis of the Banking Group’s STR data as part of the post STR action - to create staff awareness on the modus operandi of common suspicious activities and to facilitate their understanding on the AML-CFT risks. Alongside training, the incumbent will also be responsible to ensure that consistent updates on the AML-CFT policies are disseminated accordingly throughout the Banking Group to ensure relevance.
- To ensure achievement of the training target is within the allocated costing/budget.
- To ensure timely response to request/clarification from the Business Units/Internal Staff that relates to AML/CFT policy/training matters or materials (post training).
- To attend to requests from Business Units and HR on training related matters or request to conduct training within the agreed timeline (pre-training).
- To obtain at least satisfactory training on feedback conducted.
- To ensure that the annual training schedule are structured, established and tracked for completion.
- To ensure Quarterly trainings conducted for internal AML-CFT Transaction Team pertaining to suspicious activities, AML-CFT alerts and investigation techniques.
- To ensure that the training content in tailored to the respective Business Units and is reviewed in a timely manner.
- To ensure participants feedback are tracked and timely analysis is done to improve the training content and programme.
- To carry out Quarterly analysis of the AML-CFT topologies, STR reporting trends and alerts generation trends for the purposes of enhancement of the internal training content.
- To maintain audit rating at a minimum of ‘Satisfactory’.
- To ensure that all staff have attended the mandatory AML-CFT training.
You will have
- Degree in Banking/Finance or in a related field.
- At least 10 years’ working experience in Banking industry.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in compliance or control related function.
- At least 5 years’ experience in AML-CFT role that encompasses training.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of controls, compliance methodologies and banking operations.
- Proficient with relevant regulatory requirements, industry best practices and policies.