About our client
A fast-growing US based software provider.
About the role
The Senior Director of Finance is a highly visible and complex role within the finance leadership team. The role will a) design, implement, scale and lead a world class global shared service center b) lead the accounting and compliance for the Asia region and c) shepherd in future acquisitions into the global shared service center.
The global shared service activities will include end-to-end business processes for the following:
- Procure to Pay (Purchase Order Creation, Accounts Payable, Travel & Expense Reporting).
- Order to Cash (Invoicing/Billing, Credit Management, Collections, Payment Application; Accounts Receivable Reporting, Cash Reconciliation).
- Record to Report (Global Fixed Asset Accounting, G/L posting and reconciliation).
- Contract Management (Maintenance of contracting tool).
This role will drive continuous improvement in processes, organization and systems in order to support providing high quality management reporting and analysis.
- Design, implement and lead a world class shared service center that supports efficiency, accuracy and scalability within the finance organization.
- Develops, executes, and monitors a shared service delivery model through effective governance and business process optimization, ensuring people, process, and technology are interrelated across the continuum of services provided.
- Ensure adherence to corporate close schedule and drive improvements to reduce close cycle.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policy for order to cash & procure to pay functions.
- Develop key relationships with customers – both internal and external.
- Review of financial statement submissions to corporate headquarters.
- Oversee compliance requirements for Asia region.
- Partner with global finance and IT team to implement/upgrade Financial Systems.
- Recruiting, development and retention of accounting and finance staff in the Asia region.
- Partner with corporate finance team to enhance visibility into key metrics that drive business strategy.
- Acting in leadership role in senior level presentations with management teams, as necessary.
- Special projects, as necessary.
You will have
- Passionate business controller with 12+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated track record of working in an international environment.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading large transformational implementations.
- Knowledge of the software industry (ideally SaaS) is an advantage.
- Proactive in driving full end-to-end process automation.
- Well organized, detail-oriented and quality minded.
- Must be comfortable under pressure to meet deadlines and when providing status to management.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage conflicting priorities and to complete assignments under aggressive time constraints independently.
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and deliver solutions focused on technological improvements and increasing process efficiency.
- Process oriented yet flexible around business needs.
- Strong analytical skills with a commercial focus.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of organization, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Mature personality yet not averse with hands-on work. Good oral and written communications skills, as well as presentation skills; ability to lead meetings internally and externally. Influences decisions.
- Good level of expertise using Microsoft Office suite, advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English language.