About our client
Our client is a private equity firm specializing in mergers and acquisitions with a unique view to help their portfolio companies to grow their businesses.
About the role
Based in Singapore, this Senior Associate, M&A Finance, will take a leading role on the deal team with regards to financial, tax and structuring analysis and assist in overall deal execution. The individual will also be extensively involved in post-investment value-add work as necessary.
- Leading all aspects of financial and tax due-diligence (FDD/TDD) on transactions and managing engagements with relevant external advisors for financial statement analysis and financial systems improvement opportunities, as well as identify tax and structuring related considerations for a potential investment;
- Incorporating the relevant due diligence findings to assist the team in preparing internal investment documents as well as in SPA review and negotiations;
- Maintaining deal operating and financial models;
- Selected related work post-investment, including helping the firm on post-transaction PPA and audit engagements.
- In addition, the candidate should be prepared to:
- Hit the ground running from day one in analyzing, structuring and supporting the investment team for prospective transactions that span various industries.
- Take advantage of team’s open structure to assist in team’s overall business development and deal sourcing activities.
- Have problem solving and analytical skills in particular, the ability to efficiently drill into financial issues; by identifying and defining problems, establishing facts, solving problems and making recommendations to the deal team in a timely and accurate manner.
You will have
- Possess a top university undergraduate or graduate degree.
- The position requires a minimum 8 years of working experience, with at least 5 years of experience in the FDD/TDD role from a top tier auditing firm, and equal fluency with both tax and financial due diligence aspects of a transaction.
- Familiarity with Singapore, Hong Kong and China tax and regulatory regimes through China-specific deal experience in the FDD/TDD role is a plus.
- Maturity, integrity and the highest level of professionalism.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and confident, yet a team player.
- The candidate should know the Greater China market well through transaction experience and is fluent in English and Chinese with excellent oral/written communication skills.