About our client
Our client is an MNC Shipping and Trading company that is a leading player in the logistics industry.
About the role
Our client is looking for a senior accountant to be a subject matter expert for their APAC team.
- You will be responsible for financial books of several companies under the Group.
- You will be working with local tax agent on compliance and corporate tax filings
- You are to ensure that intercompany balances reconciles each month
- You will look after compliance of financial and accounting policies and regulatory requirements as well as to exercise internal controls in compliance with the Global policy
- You are to identify performance improvement opportunities to align the company with its business targets and ensure revenue is billed timely.
- You are to coordinate with the sales team, billing and give aid for customer dispute.
- You will work to ensure collection from customer is within the credit terms.
- You will be responsible to assist the Finance Manager in any ad hoc project from time to time and to provide support to team members.
You will have
- You should have a Degree in Accounting or Finance or related fields (MBA and/or CPA or equivalent an advantage)
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting and financial experience with strong understanding of accounting theory
- Highly detail-oriented, organized in work and ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- You can meet assigned deadlines issue financial information in a timely manner.
- You will act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager.
- Ability to prepare, organize and analyze complex financial information.
- Able to meet deadlines and demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities.
- A team player and supportive colleague with strong interpersonal skills.