About the client
The Client is a leading global bank providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Also, a market leader locally, in the credits cards business, receivables and wealth management business respectively, the organization believes in dynamic development as an integral factor within its culture and is great place to explore in enhancing career aspirations.
About the role
Pro-actively manage a growing and well performing asset portfolio comprising residential mortgage loans and Margin & Securities Backed Finance portfolio.
Develop and manage a strong governance framework to keep the organization audit ready at all times. Monitor policy implementation, execution, monitoring and reporting in line with regulations and internal policies. Be the core interface with Central Bank, Internal Audit, Fundamental Credit Review and over governance functions. Manage Quality Assurance Framework and Manager Control Assessment.
Manage a team of people with the aim of developing the team and individuals to a higher level of performance. Leverage the use of analytics, MIS and profitability analysis to manage the portfolio risk return dynamics, set appropriate acquisition and portfolio actions as well as collection strategies.
- Proactive management of the portfolio risk profile within agreed risk appetite. Ensuring consistent application and enforcement of risk policies, processes and controls, in compliance with Global Risk standards.
- Management of all stakeholders, including developing relationships with business partners, and balancing the role with stakeholder expectations.
- Monitor portfolio performance and trends using analytics, MIS and other technology based tools to the benefit of the business
- Evaluate portfolio performance and develop appropriate actions/strategies to improve credit quality.
- Partnering with the business to deliver strategic aspirations whilst remaining within agreed risk appetite and optimizing use of risk capital.
- Oversee the monitoring and escalation of potential problem accounts e.g. through the early alert process, portfolio monitoring and review processes.
- Develop new policies to effectively manage Through-the-Door (TTD) and Portfolio Credit performance.
- To ensure credit policies are uniformly communicated, implemented and properly documented and kept.
- Actively engage all stakeholders (e.g. Business partners, Finance, Legal and Compliance) to raise their awareness of credit issues and how these are managed by the Credit Risk function.
- Oversight of credit approvals done by subordinate and ensure that the quality meets Global Risk standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
- Ensure strict compliance with all regulations and controls as set by the Bank, Global Risk and external regulatory authorities.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining satisfactory audit rating.
- Work with all stakeholders to set appropriate strategies/policies for new to bank acquisition campaigns as well as portfolio actions to deepen customer relationships.
- Use of automated decision tools available to the business to drive new business / portfolio actions in a controlled manner.
- Participating and contributing to regional and local control and risk committees and ensuring quick transparent escalation of important issues.
- Work closely with collections to improve portfolio risk segmentation, delinquency management, recoveries and net credit losses.
- Hands-on approach to managing internal, legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Build team dynamics and individual performance through coaching, mentoring, on the job and formal training so that the Risk team can support growing business needs.
- Build and lead a team to ensure policy execution and governance for the Risk Management Group. This includes managing quarterly Management Control Assessments, Quality Assurance Framework, facilitate regulatory and internal audits/FCR and regular internal electronic audits.
- Attract, develop and retain high calibre staff.
- Identify key talent, propose development initiatives/training plans in collaboration with OL, and map potential career path and development plan.
- Ensure effective succession planning for key positions within unit
You will have
- While Post Graduate is a preference, at a minimum a graduate, preferably in Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, Engineering, Computing or Statistics
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in consumer banking risk management – specifically in residential mortgage and other secured and unsecured products
- Ability to work and think independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a multinational bank, would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to interact and build respect with people at all levels
- Excellent attention to details as well as an inquisitive mind to investigate and probe
- Ability to present information in a concise and precise manner to senior management
- Proficiency in the English language (both verbal and written)
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of risk analytics
- Strong background in operations to be able to guide and lead the collection and credit initiation functions
- Ability to handle stress and work on multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously